My Old Characters




A Long Time Ago... In A Game I Am Playing Again Today...

In the past most of my characters were Mandalorian. I did the classic Star Wars: The old Republic thing to do which was create a legacy. To be honest it's less exciting than it sounds, it was just a family tree in the legacy menu, but I loved my made up mando family. They were Aliit Fayne, meaning "Clan Fayne" in Mando'a. I don't know how I came up with the name, it just sounded nice and was spellt uniquely enough for me.

My main mando was a Sith Juggernaut. You may ask "A Mandalorian Sith Juggernaut? How is that a thing?" Well, there's this thing all the cool kids are doing, and that's (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ roleplay ♥. While my character in the game's mechanics was a Sith Juggernaut, I used that to get the combat style I liked for my Mandalorian character. None of these characters had any official allegiance with either side of the war for the most part, so their classes can mostly be ignored.


Aliit Fayne

Originally my legacy had only 5 characters, the two aging Mandalorian parents and their three children. Later, the family will expand into 9 characters, the 5 original, two adopted children, a droid, and a half chiss girl. 

Other clan members I always left up in the air as I tried to make it into a guild myself once or twice, and wanted joining members to have limited restrictions on their characters.

Pearc
The father, Pearc, was essentially the All-Mandalorian of his time. The son of the last clan leader, and leader of the clan. In-game his class was a Jedi Guardian so I could play him as a mirror of my main over on the Imperial side. He actually wore the War Hero Vindicator's Chestguard that had a HUGE pauldron on his left shoulder. I think it was made for the Jedi Guardian class because the way they hold their saber, or in my case, sword, has a lot of defence at the front. The chest piece also had two bits of fabric come down the front and meet in the middle, which made his whole outfit give him a very unique style I haven't seen anyone else do. I paired that with the Mandalorian Clansman helmet and Tulak Hord's Gauntlets to really sell his defensive front.

Theresa
His wife, a Sarkhai woman named Theresa, was the stern parent and later loving grandmother. She was very stoic with how she portrayed herself, very strong and didn't back down from putting people in their place. Her chest piece was a legacy bound Remnant Arkanian Warrior's Chestguard. It was kinda chunky but had long bits of fabric, like Pearc's, but from the shoulders down to her knees. I used the Synthetic Bio-Fiber Helmet for a unique T-visor mando style also. She was a Jedi Shadow in the game and wielded vibrostaffs.

Mir'sheb
The first born of their chidlren went by the name Mir'sheb, which in Mando'a means "smart ass." However that is not is real name, just what everyone calls him. He is a goofball and very bad at fighting jedi, which is the reason for his cybernetic arm, hand, legs, eye, and jaw. His armour probably had the most effort put into it with a lot of unique pieces that somehow work together really well. I love the classic SWtor look of the TT-17A Hydra set, and actually had it before it was easy to get from the adaptive armour vendor on the imperial fleet, so I used that chest and helmet, but I used one of the sith class bulky cybernetic legs with a pair of Darth Skotia's Boots to give him a chunky cybernetic look from the waist down. My favourite part of his armour though, is the hands. I gave him the Herald of Zildrog Gauntlets and they had the right side as a chunky armoured piece and the left a simple glove. The right side worked perfectly because that is where he lost a bunch of his arm and I was able to show that with this bulky armour piece that looked like cybernetics. Being the wildcard that he is, he was my Mercenary class character and wielded dual RK-6 Starforged Blasters which heavily resemble SMG style blasters.

Dustyn
The middle child, Dustyn, was the prodigy swordsman of the three original children. I mentioned him before, he was my main, the not so Sith Juggernaut. He was very stoic, and kind, a gentle giant, and trained to be a swordsman under his father. Because I played him the most, which included roleplay, I wanted to give him a unique weakness so he didn't feel so unbeatable when I roleplayed him in combat, so I made him force sensitive. Now, before you get all "umm he's a mandalorian? He shouldn't be able to use the force!" I mean force sensitive as in he is literally sensitive to the force. While he was the normal kind of force sensitive, he was never trained in the force and that developed into his mind being weaker in terms of the force. He was more susceptible to force powers than normal people. He was a tanky armoured swordsman who wore the Section X reputation chest piece, Section Guardian. To my knowledge, it is the only set of armour that had that unique shade of blue, and it was a beautiful deep blue. Over time he'd go through other colours, mainly an intimidating black and red. He was also my main in PvP for the longest time too, but I'll get to that in another post. 

Lilleah
The youngest of the three original children, Lilleah was the kindest and most outspoken of the three. Like her mother she wouldn't hesitate to fight for the little guy. she went through a handful of armour iterations but the one that I'd say was her main set of armour would be the the Remnant Underworld Trooper set with a Relic Plunderer's T-visor helmet, all dyed red and black. She was also trained in vibrostaffs and double bladed weapons under her mother.

Jharden
The youngest of the children, adopted into the family after being rescued from a Zakuulan attack on his home planet during the 5 year time skip that happens at the start of the Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion, was a Togruta who was very gentle and protective. His in-game class was the Sith Sorceror, which I used as a way to show his affinity with shielding others with shield tech he's made, while also being able to use a sword. He was the healer spec so it really showed he cares for people. His armour is possibly the most unique of all my Mandalorians. It starts with a Cynosure Vindicator's Chestguard ,which was an old PvP chest piece, dyed white and grey to make it look like metal plate armour. The shoulders on that chest piece paired really well with Satele Shan's Gloves which, when dyed the same colour as the chest piece, looked like armour plated gauntlets. The Zakuulan Preserver's Boots dyed similarly completed the look with what looked like armour plated shin guards. All in all, he had a real knight in shining armour look.

Volice
A Cathar adopted by Mir'sheb, he was actually trained to be a sith as he was the proper force sensitive, and was raised mostly Mandalorian by his adoptive father. In case you didn't notice, Mir'sheb just kinda vibes and does what he wants so he didn't force his new son into strictly becoming a Mandalorian. However, after gaining the title of Lord, which was a hard thing to earn with the Sith and Empire's rampant racism, he went back to his father and continued to be a Mandalorian. His armour was used to intimidate and show his pride as a Cathar, a race which was almost wiped out by the Mandalorians hundreds of years ago, as a way to stick it to other Mandalorians who didn't like his heritage. He wore a Skilled Hunter Chestguard which is funny because it was only a small cloak over the shoulders and a hood, it didn't really guard anything. His helmet was a War Hero Supercommando's Helmet which had a fierce look to it, and pair those with Frenzied Zealot Gauntlets which had claws, he was ready to tear his enemies apart.

ISO
So, I'mma be honest with this one, he is a spite character. I made ISO as a miniature Isotope droid, gone humanoid Mandalorian droid because someone said droids can't be Mandalorians. He is very spiteful and to the point. His in-game class was an operative, which I never really learnt how to play. His armour was pretty simple Mandalorian armour, but he had a headpiece I'd swap the helmet with to show he was a droid, which was a green item I got off the GTN that I think was an Inquisitor's class item? Either way, it looked really good for a droid head.

Roseannie
Roseannie is the half Chiss daughter of Lilleah. I tried to make a pattern in their names of a flower then a normal name. In-game she was a gunslinger, which I attributed to her taking after her uncle Mir'sheb. She was bright and still young so really she was just to fill another class I wanted to play.


Other Characters

Sniper
After my friends drifted out of the game and content became a bit slow for my liking, I made a sniper which I played heavily in PvP. I'll get into some of those antics another time though.

Menn Do'a
Another Mandalorian I made as a Marauder so I could dual wield beskads, Mandalorian short swords. Originally he was from the game Star Wars: Galaxies, which I played on a fan hosted emulated server as an entertainer class, which was the only class you could technically dual wield swords, which wasn't really dual wielding, the second sword was a prop. But that translated into SWtor was the Marauder class for me. He wore brown armour with a large shoulder pad, as he was an Imperial soldier gone Mando.


As you can see, I like Mandalorians, and have been playing them for a very long time, but now it's time for something new. I've said before that I moved over to the Republic side and I'm playing a Vanguard Trooper now, a class I had next to no experience with before making him. I'll get into my new character another time though.

Comments