Am I Death Incarnate?

 



In April of 2013, Star Wars: The Old Republic released it's first major expansion, Rise of the Hutt Cartel. It included a new maximum level, new gear, an Operation, Hard Mode Flashpoints, and arguably the most important feature of them all... ✨Achievements✨ which single handedly revitalised PvP as we know it! Ok, maybe that is an over exaggeration, but it did give PvPers many new goals to achieve. Before this, you were essentially playing it to earn Valor which rewarded you with unique titles only earnable through PvP. Now players had something new to strive for. Dealing damage, healing allies, doing big single shot damage and heals, dealing killing blows, total kills, solo kills, and even dying in warzones rewarded you with various achievements for each specific warzone map. Most of these achievements are easy to earn with the massive increase in stats since then, but one achievement still stands above them all.


I Am Death Incarnate

'I Am Death Incarnate' is an achievement earned by defeating 50,000 enemy players in PvP. It can take years to earn and for your efforts you get the legacy title 'Manhunter.' You may see players with this title running around your respective faction's fleet, but even in the most populated locations, those players are few and far between. But the big question is how long would it take to earn this title? And is it worth your time for the bragging rights? 

I took the time to play in 25 full team 8 vs. 8 warzones and screenshot my results to get an average of how many kills I got in each game. This is a very barebones way to get an estimate though. It doesn't take into account the endless amount of variables that can happen in any given match. I didn't take into account the classes played, the roles played, and there was no way for me to know each players skill levels. I could have, just by chance, been placed on a team with one player that just so happens to be the best of their class and carried me through all of my matches. That didn't happen, but the point stands. So take the results of this test with a grain of salt. Every player's experience will be different to mine. 

Before I start to give my kill-count for these warzones, I just want to make a few things clear. While I didn't sit down and play 25 warzones in one sitting, I didn't exclude any of the matches from my test. My gear isn't the best either. At the start I had picked the wrong legendary implant for my class, I had picked one best suited for PvE instead of PvP because I didn't know what I was doing that early on when playing as a Vanguard... Such a waste of Tech Fragments... I also changed my gear as I played. At the start I had mostly 322 rating gear, but the few 320 pieces brought my character rating to 321. Throughout the recorded game sessions, I completed dailies and weeklies and used the rewards to better my gear and stats. So I say again, results very much will vary from person to person.


A Side Note

Just gonna cut in here real quick because while playing in my first recorded play session I broke 10mil damage in a single warzone for the first time! It seems super weird that when I was originally big into PvP, back in ranked season 7, getting over just 1mil was a lot of damage! Anyway, back to getting the big achievement.



The Play Sessions

For those who are interested, here is a count of all the warzones I played. In total I played 25 warzones. I would have done more, but I was really only focussing on completing my PvP weeklies and dailies. out of these 25 games I won 16 which is a win percentage of 64%. 

  • Alderaan Civil War - 1
  • Ancient Hypergate - 4
  • Huttball 
    • Nar Shaddaa - 1
    • Quesh - 2
    • The Third One - 1
  • Novare Coast - 2
  • Odessan Proving Grounds - 5
  • Voidstar - 8
  • Yavin Ruins - 1
To make the results as natural as possible, I focussed on objectives when I could. This would include capturing and guarding the point, running orbs, running the huttball, defending or attacking the ball carrier, defending doors, and more often than not, Beyonce Formation. Beyonce formation is one of the most intense, over powered strategies in all of SWtor PvP. Everyone goes to the left to the left, and the stealthers go right. I know, big time strategy right there. I also excluded one warzone from the results which I was back fill into about half way through.

Now for the final results. The amount of kills I got per match ranged quite a bit, with the highest being 38 kills and the lowest being 1. Here are the number of kills I got in each warzone in order of when I got got them; 19, 38, 21, 16, 23, 6, 5, 3, 7, 31, 14, 21, 20, 13, 15, 25, 11, 4, 7, 16, 3, 14, 1, 25, and 8. This averages out to 14.64 kills per game, and if we divide the total required kills for the I Am Death Incarnate achievement (50,000 / 14.64) we get a total of 3,415.3005464480874316939890710383... I'm just going to round that down to the nearest whole number and say it's 3,415... 

So there we have it! With my pro gamer Tactics Vanguard gameplay, it would take me 3,415 games to get earn the 'Manhunter' Legacy title! But is it worth your time and bragging rights? I'd say yes because it is such a big achievement to earn! But I wouldn't strive to earn it from the beginning just because it's such a long grind, but something to earn naturally over time. Even after all my years of PvP and completing this experiment I am up to 44,564/50,000 total kills. Meaning I only have 5,436 kills to go! Going by my results that will take me roughly 371 warzones 😭 I guess I'll report back then with a commemorative PvP post when I finally get this achievement.

Comments